- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ½ to 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 8 ounces (250 grams) spaghetti
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and chili flakes and cook slowly for 3 to 5 minutes or until garlic is very soft. Cook pasta in a large pot of well-salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, reserving about a quarter cup of the cooking water.
Toss pasta with flavoured olive oil in skillet and add 2 tablespoons or more of cooking water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and grated cheese and serve immediately. Serves 4 as a first course.