- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 2 cups leeks, white and light green part only, diced
- 2 cups turnips, diced
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
- 1 cup orecchiette
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or other Asian hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and leeks and sauté until coated with oil, about 2 minutes. Add turnips, sweet potatoes, carrots and garlic and continue to cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until beginning to soften.
Add stock, maple syrup and thyme and bring to boil. Add pasta and hot sauce, turn heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.