- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 green cabbage, shredded (about 12 cups)
- 1/3 cup gin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, coriander seeds and fennel seeds and sauté for 1 minute. Add cabbage and sauté until coated with oil, about 1 minute.
Pour gin over cabbage and bring to a boil, stirring, for 2 minutes or until gin has almost disappeared. Reduce heat to low, cover skillet and cook together for 20 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve sprinkled with parsley.