In the test kitchen, we just loved this soup – it’s bright-tasting, refreshing and full of flavour.
- 2 lbs (1 kg) fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 green onions, white part only, chopped
- 1/4 tsp chopped Thai red chili or a pinch chili flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Grana Padano
Purée chopped tomatoes in a blender. Push through a coarse sieve with the back of a ladle. Discard any remaining pulp. Season the juice with fish sauce and pepper.
Mix cherry tomatoes with green onions, chili, mint and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Divide soup among 4 bowls. Spoon 1/4 cup tomato salad into centre of each bowl and garnish with breadcrumbs and Grana Padano.