Cut this simple pizza into small triangles to serve as a nibble.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pound (500 grams) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound (500 grams) pizza dough
- 4 ounces (125 grams) buffalo mozzarella, sliced and torn into pieces
Preheat oven to 500 F.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add cherry tomatoes, garlic and basil and cook for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are just falling apart. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cut pizza dough into 4 portions and roll each piece out to a circle of about 7 inches in diameter. Place pizzas on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Top with cherry tomato sauce and buffalo mozzarella. Bake on the lowest oven rack for 10 minutes or until crust is golden and cooked through. Makes 4 7-inch pizzas.