This is a tasty vegetarian dish with lots of long noodles. Substitute oyster mushrooms if king mushrooms are not available, but use only 4 ounces (125 grams).
- 6 ounces (175 grams) fresh Chinese noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 ounces (125 grams) green beans, topped, tailed and cut in 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 7 ounces (200 grams) king mushrooms, slivered
- 1 cup vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Asian chili sauce such as sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces (250 grams) baby bok choy, cut in half
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add onion, green beans, red pepper and king mushrooms and 1/2 cup stock, then stir-fry for 2 minutes or until vegetables soften. Cover and cook for 3 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Combine remaining stock, soy sauce, Asian chili sauce and sugar.
Add bok choy and stir together, then add stock mixture. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute, then stir in noodles and toss to coat. Sprinkle with coriander. Serves 4.