- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mint for garnish
Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes or until softened. Add ginger and potatoes and sauté another 2 minutes or until potatoes are coated with oil. Add green curry paste and stir together.
Add chicken stock, bring to boil and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until potatoes are softened. Add peas and arugula and cook until peas are softened, about 3 minutes. Add cream and bring to boil. Remove from heat, purée in batches in the blender and season salt and pepper to taste. Chill. Serve garnished with mint.