A summery, soft green soup garnished with chives and chive flowers (if available). Serve hot or cold.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 leeks, dark green part removed, chopped
- 1 cup diced Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup sweet or Vidalia onions, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups watercress leave
- ½ cup whipping cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Chive flowers, if available
Heat butter in pot on medium heat and add leeks, potatoes and onions. Sauté for five minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add garlic and sauté one minute longer. Pour in stock and bring to boil. Simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add watercress and simmer five minutes longer.
Purée soup in food processor or blender. Return to pot, add cream and seasonings. Simmer for five minutes to amalgamate the flavours. Garnish with c