- Brussels sprouts
- 500 grams (1 pound) Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, roasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon hot Spanish paprika
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
Preheat oven to 425 F. Toss Brussels sprouts with oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, turning once or until tender-crisp and golden.
To make Romesco, heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium heat. Add almonds and sauté until lightly browned. Add breadcrumbs and sauté until golden. Remove from heat and stir in tomato.
Place skillet ingredients in a food processor along with remaining oil, red pepper, garlic, chili flakes and paprika. Process until smooth and then add vinegar. Season with salt to taste. If purée is too thick, thin with a little water.