The meat mixture in this recipe will be soft and juicy but will hold together if you turn it carefully on the grill. Serve on a whole wheat bun topped with remaining salsa. The salsa also works well with grilled chicken or fish.
- ¼ cup chopped green olives
- ¼ cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1½ pounds (750 grams) ground chicken
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
Preheat grill to high. Combine green olives, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, red onion, parsley, garlic and olive oil in a mini-chop or food processor and process until chunky. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir ½ cup salsa into chicken and gently fold in feta.
Divide evenly into 4 portions and shape into one-inch-thick patties. Grill patties for 4 to 5 minutes a side or until no longer pink. Serve with remaining salsa and more feta if desired. Serves 4.