To start off your feast, make these quick hors d'oeuvre with a Mediterranean twist. If you can find creamy feta cheese, it makes the best filling.
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- Pinch chili flakes
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Use a sharp knife to make a long slit in the side of each date. Remove pit.
Combine feta, walnuts, basil, parsley, oregano and chili flakes and season with pepper to taste. Divide mixture among dates and fill. Makes 12