- 3 ounces (90 grams) stale white bread
- 3 cups ice water
- 1½ cups Spanish or regular whole blanched almonds
- 2 teaspoons garlic, grated (use a microplane)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1½ cups seedless green grapes, halved or quartered
- Extra virgin olive oil
Place bread in a bowl and cover with just enough ice water to soak it through. Set aside.
Place almonds in a food processor and process until finely ground. Add ½ cup of ice water and continue to grind together until it forms a paste. Add garlic and soaked bread with 1 cup ice water and process until fully combined. Add olive oil and sherry vinegar and process again. Add remaining ice water through feeder tube and season well with salt and pepper to taste. Chill for at least 1 hour.
Divide soup among 4-6 bowls and garnish with grapes and a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serves 4 to 6