- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 yellow summer squash
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 bunch radishes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 8 ounces (125 grams) goat or sheep milk cheese
- 4 handfuls arugula
- Maldon salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 8 ounces (250 grams) Spanish ham, prosciutto or smoked salmon
Combine lemon juice, olive oil, basil and Parmesan cheese in a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
Slice summer squash, zucchini and radishes into very thin round slices using a sharp knife or mandolin. Array slices in a circular pattern on four individual serving plates leaving the centre empty. Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle tomatoes, avocado and goat cheese over vegetables, and top with 1 handful of arugula each, leaving centre empty. Sprinkle with Maldon, more pepper and reserved Basil Dressing.
Roll up ham or salmon and place in the centre of each plate. Serve with bread and olive oil or butter. Serves 4