- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 head fennel, cut in half
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 6 slices Serrano ham, cut in thick julienne strips
- Radish sprouts (if available)
- 1 cup shaved Manchego cheese
Whisk together oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir in chives and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Remove tough core of fennel bulb and discard. Thinly slice fennel and immerse in a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
Combine fennel, radishes, ham and radish sprouts in a large bowl and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Drizzle salad with dressing and toss well to combine. Top with shaved Manchego. Serve immediately. Serves 6 to 8.