Boil or grill two corn cobs, then remove the kernels with the back of a knife. Omit the mascarpone if you're trying to keep the calorie count low.
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup cooked corn off the cob
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Place water and salt in a pot and bring to boil. Whisk in polenta and chili flakes and cook over medium heat, stirring, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cooked corn, chili flakes, Parmesan and mascarpone and season with salt and pepper to taste. It should have the texture of mashed potatoes. Serves 4.