Buy boned butterflied lamb legs for a sophisticated but easy carving dinner. These legs take no time to bake to a juicy crispness. Serve with sugar snap peas and mashed or roasted potatoes.
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) honey
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) bourbon
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground coriander
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) butterflied lamb leg
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) bourbon
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) red currant jelly
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken or beef stock
Combine mustard, honey, bourbon, coriander, cumin and cayenne in a small bowl. Brush over lamb leg. Season with pepper. Marinate for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
Place lamb, fat side up, on rack in a roasting pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, basting occasionally or until juices run slightly pink.
Place lamb on a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile make sauce.
Discard all fat from roasting pan. Stir in vinegar, bourbon, jelly, mustard and stock. Bring to boil, boil 3 to 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Sauce should be thick enough to coat a spoon. Season well with salt and pepper.
Carve into thin slices and drizzle sauce over lamb to serve.