This salad is easy to make and provides an excellent way to use this season's fresh, local green beans.
- 1 pound (500 grams) green beans, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add green beans and boil for 3 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain and run under cold water. Pat dry. Toss green beans with cherry tomatoes and red onion.
Combine mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, maple syrup and tarragon in a bowl. Whisk in oil a little at a time until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss with salad. Serves 6.